Screening ChecksScreening Checks
Checking the status of an application
You will need:
- the person’s name
- screening application number.
Login to Check Application Status.
Checking the validity of a screening clearance letter
You will need to be an organisation registered with the DHS Screening Unit.
You cannot check on the validity of a General Employment Probity clearance.
To check the validity of a screening clearance:
- Login to the DHS screening online portal
- Go to ‘Person Search’ and enter the following:
- date of birth
- screening type
- date the clearance was provided
- length of validity of a screening clearance.
Keeping a screening clearance current
A DHS screening clearance is valid for three years. Screening is normally only required once every three years.
Screening renewal applications should be submitted no more than six (6) months before the current clearance expires.