We provide a range of screening background checks on behalf of organisations that are engaging employees and volunteers.
The Unit offers five different types of screening check. For details about the different types of check, please refer to about the different types of screening check.
Your organisation is responsible for determining which, if any, employees or volunteers need to be screened in relation to their work or volunteer role, and if so, what type of screening should be conducted.
Employer organisations are also responsible for commencing the screening process for their employees and volunteers. For more details, see How to Apply.
More information about applying online for screening for organisations
- Online screening general FAQs
- How to register your organisation (PDF 290.3 KB)
- How to structure your organisation's online portal (PDF 134.5 KB)
- How to verify an applicant's identity
- Nominated officer roles required when registering your organisation (PDF 188.5 KB)
- How the organisation can pay for an application (PDF 227.1 KB)
- Confidentiality guidelines for Authorised Officers (PDF)
- How to initiate an application (PDF 137.3 KB)
Type of organisation
- Employer/business operators
- Non-government organisations
- Volunteer coordinators/managers
- Disability service providers
- Aged care providers
- Education sector providers
- Health sector organisations
- Community groups /sports clubs