Your employer may require you to be screened by the DCSI Screening Unit.
So that you understand your employer's requirements, you may wish to discuss with them:
- the type of screening required eg child-related employment screening, disability services sector screening, aged care sector screening or another type of screening;
- who will be paying for the screening ie whether the organisation or you will be responsible for paying the screening fee/s.
The organisation will usually start your application on your behalf using the online application form.
Applying for screening online
Once the organisation has commenced your online screening application, you will receive two emails from the DCSI Screening Unit:
- Activation request: The first will require you to activate your account by clicking on a link. After receiving this email from the DCSI Screening Unit, click on "Activate my Account".
- Login details: A second email will provide you with your login details so that you can log in online and fill in the required. This email will prompt you to change the automated password to something you are familiar with (write this down for future reference).
- Logging on: You will be directed to a screen showing your application number. Click on this number to open the application form. Fill it in then select "Complete Application".
Identity verification process
Your identity check can be completed online, if you have a current passport, travel document, birth certificate or Australian Citizenship papers and a current Australian driver's licence. More information
If you are unable to complete the verification process online, please leave the 'Verification Method' field as 'Requesting Organisation'. Then provide your 100 points of identification (ID), registration and payment slip to the employer as soon as possible – so that they can verify your ID and submit your application online for processing.
For more information
For more information, please see How to apply for screening.