Screening applications are commenced by the organisation and completed by the individual applicant.
Organisations must first register
Organisations must first be registered for online screening. More information about registering for online screening.
Once registered, nominated officers in the organisation can commence screening applications online.
Before starting an application
To start an application, you will need the organisation's log-in details that were provided by the DCSI Screening Unit when registering.
You will also need the applicant’s full name, date of birth and their email address and the following details:
- the type of screening required;
- the applicant type i.e. 'volunteer', 'contractor' or 'employee'
- an indication of who will be paying for the screening i.e. the organisation or the applicant;
- details of the role the applicant is to perform
- the applicant will need to provide proof of identity information
Internet Browser: In order to complete the screening application online, you will need to ensure your internet browser is compatible with TLS 1.1 or higher. For further information refer to Browser Compatibility (PDF 95.8 KB) and How to identify what internet browser version you are running. (PDF 207.2 KB)
Step 1: The organisation starts an application online using the online portal.
Step 2: Once the employer organisation has finished the initial process of starting an application, the applicant will receive an email from the DCSI Screening Unit providing login and password details. The applicant can then log in to the portal and complete their application.
For more information for applicants about how to complete your application, see FAQs - Applying online for applicants (PDF 404.7 KB)
Applying using a hard-copy form
More information about applying online
- Apply online FAQs
- Ensure your internet browser is compatible (PDF 95.8 KB)
- How to identify what internet browser version you are running
(PDF 207.2 KB)
- How to register your organisation (PDF 290.3 KB)
- How to start an application (PDF 137.3 KB)
- How to verify identity documents (PDF 337.3 KB)
- How to pay for an application (PDF 227.1 KB)
- How to structure your organisation's online portal (PDF 134.5 KB)
- Nominated officer roles (PDF 188.5 KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for organisations (PDF 326.4 KB)