Legislation relevant to the activities of the DCSI Screening Unit includes:
- Children's Protection Act 1993
- Children's Protection Regulations 2010
- Disability Services Act 1993
- Disability Services (Assessment of Relevant History) Regulations 2014
- Spent Convictions Act 2009
- Spent Convictions Regulations 2011
- Passenger Transport Act 1994
- Passenger Transport Regulations 2009
Aged Care Act 1997
The Act is a key aspect of the legislative framework for Commonwealth-funded aged care services. The Accountability Principles (2014) set out information about what is required or permitted under the Act.
Privacy Act 1998
The Australian Privacy Principles outline how government agencies, private sector and not-for-profit organisations are to handle, use and manage personal information. The Principles are set out in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1998.
- Commonwealth legislation: go to www.comlaw.gov.au
- Australian Government's Australian Institute for Family Studies'
Pre-employment screening: Working With Children Checks and Police Checks